Tenset is committed to protecting your privacy. This statement aims to provide details about the information this company collects and what happens to it.
Tenset Technologies Ltd is a limited company registered in the UK. The company registered office can be found by checking with UK companies house (www.gov.uk/government/organisations/companies-house).
The law specifies several reasons why a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
- Contractual Obligation - sometimes your personal data is needed to comply with contractual obligations. E.g. if you order a product for delivery on physical media e.g. USB, your address is needed in order to post the media to you.
- Consent - sometimes the company is permitted to collect and process your data with your consent.E.g. if you tick a box to receive email marketing.
- Legal Compliance - if the law requires it, the company may need to collect and process your data. E.g. Tenset can pass on details of people involved in fraudulent activity to the necessary authorities, or it may be required to maintain your details for tax and accounting records.
- When you make an online purchase through any Tenset site, including this one.
- When you use the customer service helpdesk.
- When you engage with the company on social media.
- When you contact the company by any means with enquiries, complaints etc.
- When you've given a third party permission to share with the company the information they hold about you.
- When you contact the company online through customer service: your email address and your name (if you choose to give it).
- When you place an order online: your name, IP address, email address, postal address and telephone number (if you choose to give it).
- When you engage with the company on social media: your social media user name, and possibly your name and/or your email address.
- When you contact the company by any means with enquiries, complaints etc.: your name, and possibly any or all of your email address, postal address and telephone number (if you choose to give any of them), and also your IP address.
- Tenset will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent in advance.
- Tenset does not collect sensitive financial related information such as credit card details.
When you browse through this site your browser issues requests for web pages and other resources. Tenset collects certain information contained in those requests, including:
- originating IP address
- referring web page
- user-agent information
The specific identity of visitors is not logged. The above information is collected for site administration purposes, including:
- to ensure that only authenticated users can access restricted sections of the site
- to enable improvements to be made to the site
- to ensure that the information you request is delivered in a format that is usable to you and your browser
- Occasionally you may have a need to send a copy of your data e.g. to see whether it data can be converted, or to look into a problem.
- Tenset will never provide any data you send, nor any part of it, to any third party in any form whatsoever without your explicit prior consent.
No. This company has never engaged in such activity and never will.
- If you receive spam email purporting to be from this company, it isn't. It will be a fraudster sending you their 'offering' and fraudulently using a Tenset email address, such as by way of a forged sender address or by fraudulently sending you a copy of an email that originally did come from Tenset but which they have 'piggy backed' to include malware or other undesirable content or links. Sadly, this kind of illegal activity is rife on the internet.
- Fraudulent emails adopt many different forms and are the unauthorized actions of third parties not associated with Tenset.
- Tenset accepts no responsibility for any costs or charges incurred as a result of fraudulent activity.
- To process your purchase orders.
- To reply to you when you contact the customer service helpdesk.
- To send you occasional email informing you about product updates but only if you have explicitly consented to that. Of course, you may opt out of such communications at any time.
- To respond to your enquiries or complaints.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve Tenset products. Such messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email. Of course, you may opt out of such communications at any time either by contacting customer service or by replying to any such email. Tenset has a legitimate business interest to do this as this helps make its products more relevant to you.
- To protect its business from fraud and other illegal activities.
- To send you occasional marketing communications by email but only if you have explicitly consented to that. Of course, you may opt out of such communications at any time.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions, which Tenset is permitted to do based on its legitimate business interests.
- To contact you as required by law, or when necessary to inform you about changes to the services this company provided you with. Such communications will not include any promotional material and do not require prior consent when sent by email. If Tenset did not use your personal data in this way, it would be unable to comply with its legal obligations in some situations.
- To comply with contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement. E.g. to comply with a court order.
- Access to your personal data within this company is password-protected.
- All transactional areas of this site are secured using 'https' technology, either directly on the site or indirectly through third party services (such as PayPal).
- It is kept only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
- In the case of your personal data that Tenset has collected in connection with a software order you have placed, that information is kept without time limit in order to be able to resupply you with your installation codes (should you lose them), and to enable the company to check that you qualify for discounts e.g. with product upgrades. This cannot be done without retention of your customer details. Of course, you can ask to be removed from Tenset's customer records at any point by contacting customer service.
- Your personal data is not shared with third parties except for IT companies who support the company website and other business systems, or as required to do so for legal reasons such as to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body. In the case of IT companies who support this site and other business systems, only the information necessary to perform their specific services is provided. E.g. at present Tenset uses an external support helpdesk system from the US based company, Zendesk, with whom your email and name is shared. This is in order to provide you with helpdesk communications and dispatch product installation codes. If Tenset ceases to use their services, any of your data held by them within the Tenset support helpdesk system will be deleted.
- Your data is not shared with third parties for their own purposes.
- Tenset does not store your personal data (name, email address, postal address, or phone number) on this website/server. Website logs are retained on the company website/server as described above and this includes information such as originating IP address, referring web page and user-agent information, however the specific identity of visitors is not logged nor is any other personal information retained on this website/server.
You have the right:
- To request the correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or otherwise inaccurate.
- To request a copy of the personal data Tenset holds about you, free of charge.
- To request that Tenset ceases using your personal data for direct marketing.
- To request that Tenset ceases all consent-based processing of your personal data if you withdraw that consent.
- You have the right to stop Tenset's use of your personal data for any direct marketing activity, and Tenset will always comply with your request.
Checking your identity:
- If you have authorized a third party to submit a request on your behalf, they will need to prove they have your permission to act.
Your right to withdraw your consent:
- If you have given Tenset your consent to use your personal data for a particular reason, you have the right to change your mind whenever you wish and withdraw that consent.
If Tenset processes your data based on its legitimate interest (not consent):
- You can ask Tenset to cease processing your personal data. Tenset must then do that unless it believes it has a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
Any marketing communication Tenset sends include instructions on how to stop all future such communications. E.g. any email Tenset sends will include instructions on how to follow a link to unsubcribe, or it will say otherwise how you can easily withdraw your consent.
If you believe that Tenset has not stored or processed your personal data correctly, or you are unhappy with replies to any requests you have made regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. You can contact them online at www.ico.org.uk/ or by calling 0303 123 1113 (in the UK).